Auto Repair Thornton
Count On Fisher Service For Top-Notch Car Maintenance Near Thornton
If you are looking for top-quality automotive repairs and service near Thornton, look no further than Fisher Service in Boulder. Our certified automotive technicians are trained to work on all makes and models of vehicle, whether you are in need of routine maintenance or extensive repairs. Our technicians only use certified OEM parts so that you can ensure that your repairs will last. Stop in today and let us take care of all of your automotive service needs!
Trust Our Certified Professionals For Your Entire Routine Car Maintenance Schedule
When you own a vehicle, one of the most important tasks you can perform is to follow the vehicle manufacturer’s routine maintenance schedule. When you stick with the routine maintenance schedule you are not only ensuring that your vehicle operates safely, but you can also avoid expensive repairs later in the life of your vehicle. For the safety of all passengers it is important to follow these maintenance schedules to have any failing parts replaced before they break while you are on the road.
While paying for scheduled maintenance might seem like an unneeded expense, having a certified technician work on your vehicle can save you money by extending the life of key vehicle components. The guidelines for services listed below are common milestones, but it is important to follow the schedule listed in your vehicle’s owner’s manual when scheduling your maintenance.
Every 5,000 to 10,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Oil Change: Regular oil changes will help extend the life of your vehicle. Dirty oil can lead to excess heat from improper lubrication, which can cause key engine parts to wear down. An oil change is a quick and inexpensive procedure that can help to keep your car running properly.
- Hose and Belt Inspection: Hoses and belts should be inspected regularly by professionals to avoid failures while driving. Blown hoses can cause the vehicle to lose important fluids that can lead to overheating and engine damage while broken belts could result in losing power to the entire vehicle. Trained service technicians can tell when hoses and belts are showing wear and replace them before they fail.
- Check Windshield Wiper Blades: Wiper blades are another important piece of maintenance that most people don’t think about until it is too late. It is important to have your wiper blades replaced as soon as cracks and tears begin to appear in the rubber. Our certified technicians will inspect your wiper blades to make sure they are operating as needed to keep your windshield clean.
- Tire Rotations: Regular tire rotations are important to not only improve the life of your tires but also to provide safety while driving. Tire rotations help your tires wear evenly to provide better handling and to extend their durability.
- Other: Your should also check the air pressure in your tires, check the lighting system, check your fluid levels, and have your oil filter changed.
Every 15,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Change Your PCV Valve: Your vehicle’s PCV valve is used to recycle gases from the crankcase back into the engine. A clogged PCV valve can cause your vehicle to experience rough idling, decreased fuel efficiency, and even cause expensive oil leaks.
- Change Your Transmission Fluid: Clean transmission fluid is important to maintaining your vehicle’s transmission. Dirty transmission fluid can cause an increase in heat, which can damage the delicate components of the transmission and could potentially cause it to fail. Keeping the fluid changed ensures that your transmission performs optimally for the life of your vehicle.
- Change Your Air Filter: Air filters in your vehicle help prevent contaminants from entering your engine through the air intake. If your air filter is clogged the engine will be deprived of air which can cause the combustion process to use more fuel. By keeping your air filters clean you help your engine perform correctly without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
- Other: You should also change your fuel filter windshield wiper blades and inspect your battery and battery cables.
Every 30,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Change Your Differential Fluid: A vehicle’s differential allows vehicles to transmit power to the wheels at different speeds to help compensate while turning. By failing to change your differential fluid you run the risk of key engine parts not having the proper lubrication and potentially ruining costly gears.
- Change Your Transfer Case Fluid: Transfer case fluid helps reduce friction while engaging 4WD or AWD. Transfer case fluid does not run through a filter, so it is important to have it professionally changed to eliminate particles of contamination from gear wear.
- Replace Your Brake Pads: Your vehicle’s brake pads are the most important part of your braking system, the part that is most responsible for your ability to stop. Worn brake pads will emit a squealing noise and may hinder your ability to stop in a timely fashion, so it is extra important to have your brake pads changed by our professionals.
- Have a Coolant Flush: The coolant system in your vehicle not only helps keep your vehicle from overheating, but also helps remove dirt and rust that could potentially damage your water pump and radiator. When your antifreeze needs to be changed, look to our automotive technicians to have the job completed correctly.
Stop By Fisher Auto For All of Your Car Maintenance Needs!
Regular preventative maintenance is important to keep your vehicle performing like new for years to come. Our highly-trained service technicians can help Thornton residents stay on track with regularly scheduled maintenance in order to avoid costly repairs down the road. We are located just 25 miles from Thornton at 6025 Arapahoe Road in Boulder, so stop in and schedule your appointment today!